We encourage members of our community to call 211 or visit their website http://www.pa211east.org/ if they need help. Pennsylvania 211 East is a free, confidential, non-emergency, 24-hour information and referral service that connects Lehigh, Northampton and Carbon County residents with the health and human services they need.
PPL has stated that it will not cut off service to any customer for unpaid bills until further notice and will reconnect service for any customers who were disconnected recently.
Service Electric made a commitment to join the ”Keep America Connected” pledge to:
- Not terminate service to any residential or small business due to the inability to pay their bill.
- Waive late fees that residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstance related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Open its Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone.
Additionally, SECTV will offer free 10×5 Internet service for 90 days for new customers during this ongoing national emergency. For more information on modem access and the 60-day financial grace period, please contact a SECTV Customer Service representative:
- Toll Free in PA (800) 232-9100
- Toll Free in NJ (800) 225-9102
RCN’s Lifeline program has provided a discount on phone service for qualifying low-income consumers to ensure that all Americans have the opportunities and security that phone service brings. Requests may take up to 14 business days in order to be processed.